Friday, August 07, 2009

Search For The Manual You Need With Manuals Online

ManualHead I used to keep all my owner manuals for everything. Starting with my original Nintendo Entertainment System way back when. Now I just mail in my warranty card and chuck the manual.
No I am not a mad man or a lunatic – it is simply a different time we live in than back then. Now almost anything can be found on the internet – and Manuals Online has you covered when it comes to owner manuals and user guides.
When you arrive at the site you will see something that looks like this:
manuals1

To search for a product enter its name or model number into the search field. A generic search will give you LOTS of results and a model number will usually result in one or two items. I decided to search for a DustBuster. I typed in Dustbuster and hit Search.
manuals2
I got back 4 items for four different models. You can download the manual as a PDF, save it to your folder on their website (requires registration), you can also view forum discussions about your item as well.
manuals3
I got a little more specific and typed in Sony Play Station 2. I got a few results and chose the model I was looking for. I was then able to preview the owner manual and eventually downloaded it.  I could also ask members for help or share information about the product.
You can see below the item’s additional product literature. In this case it looks like the quick start guide but it can vary from product to product.
manuals4
Upon opening the document it will display the PDF in your browser. You can also save the file by right clicking on the link and choosing “save target as”.
manuals5
Alright so who’s ready to go clean out their attic/filing cabinet?  Do you have another slick trick when it comes to dealing with owners manuals? If so we would love to hear about it in the comments! Now I have to get back to some old school gaming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Please do not advertise, or post irrelevant links. Thank you for your cooperation.]