Thursday, June 10, 2010

CU3ER does awesome 3D slideshows in Flash

CU3ER does awesome 3D slideshows in Flash: "

Filed under: , ,

cu3er

So, Flash is dying, eh? It's no longer a technology that is in 'its spring.'


Alright, sure, I can see why Jobs would say that. I have to say that, as a user, I really, really dislike Adobe. They make horrible software, if you ask me; I've had some awful experiences with CS3, and I'd take antiquated CorelDRAW 12 (not to mention the new X5) over InDesign any day. I won't even go into the super-steep prices and draconian licensing policies!


When HTML5 can do what CU3ER does, then you can tell me Flash is dying. This is one of the slicker looking slideshows that I've seen recently. It's just a simple cube with some nice transitions. It can rotate, and it can divide into vertical slices that rotate in sequence or zoom out, rotate, and zoom back in. In short, it can do all sorts of neat tricks, and everything is so smooth.


Oh, and did I mention that it's completely free, too? It's also under active development and has a new version coming soon (so they say, at least). If you're a Flash developer and know of another really nice, free Flash gallery that can do stuff you can't do with JavaScript and HTML5, do let me know in the comments.

CU3ER does awesome 3D slideshows in Flash originally appeared on Download Squad on Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

Add to digg
Add to del.icio.us
Add to Google
Add to StumbleUpon
Add to Facebook
Add to Reddit
Add to Technorati





AdobeFlash - Adobe Systems - Adobe InDesign - Adobe - Download Squad"

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Please do not advertise, or post irrelevant links. Thank you for your cooperation.]