Friday, September 24, 2010

QuickShift for Google Chrome is a must-have extension for dual monitor setups

QuickShift for Google Chrome is a must-have extension for dual monitor setups: "

Filed under: ,




I haven't been using a dual-monitor setup for long, so I'm still figuring out how to work with all the extra pixels I now have at my disposal. Since I spend a good portion of my time working in a Web browser, and that browser happens to be Google Chrome, I think QuickShift is going to become one of my most-used extensions.



What does QuickShift do? It allows you to move your current tab to a different Chrome using a hotkey combination: Ctrl+Alt+Right/Left arrow . Often, when I'm writing, I need to pop a source article over to my secondary monitor, and this is an incredibly elegant way to do it.



QuickShift also adds Windows 7-style tab switching. In the same way that you can tap Win+[a number] to launch or switch to an application on your taskbar, QuickShift allows you to change tabs in Chrome by pressing Ctrl+Alt+[1-9]. Like most Google Chrome extensions that interact with your tab, you'll need to reload any active tabs before you can utilize QuickShift.



Now, if only someone would pay me a nickel for every millisecond I save by not tearing tabs off and dragging them to my 'reference' monitor...

QuickShift for Google Chrome is a must-have extension for dual monitor setups originally appeared on Download Squad on Wed, 15 Sep 2010 10:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

Add to digg
Add to del.icio.us
Add to Google
Add to StumbleUpon
Add to Facebook
Add to Reddit
Add to Technorati





Google Chrome - Web browser - Microsoft Windows - Clients - WWW"

DealExtreme

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Please do not advertise, or post irrelevant links. Thank you for your cooperation.]